Predict and prevent attacks before they happen OpenDNS provides a cloud-delivered network security service, Umbrella, that delivers automated protection against advanced attacks for any device, anywhere.
Threat Protection Like No Other
OpenDNS not only blocks malware, botnets and phishing over any port, protocol or app, but also detects and contains advanced attacks before they can cause damage.
- View new network security activity in real time with globally aggregated reports.
- Pinpoint devices infected or users targeted by advanced attacks to reduce the time to remediation.
- Comply with internal acceptable use policies or regulatory requirements with up to 60 content categories.
OpenDNS Security Graph uses big-data analytics and machine learning to automate protection against both known and emergent threats.
- Layer predictive security to complement reactive signature-based or real-time behavior-based security.
- Expand situational awareness beyond the network activity from your devices and sites with our global threat visibility.
Worldwide Coverage in Minutes
OpenDNS protects devices anywhere and stays up-to-date without admin intervention because there is no hardware to install or software to maintain.
- Instantly secures devices–even those you don’t own–across all decentralized networks via clientless DHCP.
- Easily secure devices inside or outside the network perimeter via auto-updated lightweight agents.
- Extend FireEye, Check Point and other partners’ advanced threat defenses beyond the perimeter in a few minutes.
No Added Latency
With OpenDNS there is no need to reroute every connection through proxy or VPN gateways to secure mobile users or remote offices.
- No extra “hops” because external DNS traffic is simply resolved in the cloud by OpenDNS rather than the ISP.
- Only a few connections are transparently routed through our proxy when we must inspect below the DNS layer.
The OpenDNS Global Network handles more than two percent of the world’s Internet requests daily with 100 percent uptime.
- In 2006, our mission was to build the most reliable DNS service on the planet, and unlike others, we have always provided operational visibility.
- Today, our security uses the same foundation trusted by over 50 million daily- active users across 160 countries, including ISPs..